Working in the world’s poorest countries, Plan UK is one of the leading children’s charities and looks to improve the lives of the most disadvantaged children in the world. Their “Because I Am A Girl” campaign was aimed at improving education among girls in the developing world, and they asked us to make sure that as many people as possible knew about the campaign online. We delivered.
To plan, drive and support a social media and search buzz strategy to help raise awareness of Plan UK’s “Because I Am A Girl”, which featured the UK’s first outdoor facial-recognition advert.
We implemented a three-pronged strategy to build and sustain buzz from pre- to post-launch:
- Placing featured content on high-traffic and authority websites in relevant sectors including media, tech, marketing and “social good”
- Running featured content on the Plan UK website
- Enlisting the support of social media influencers to seed the content through social media channels
- Campaign reach on Twitter in excess of 6 million
- Over 1,500 tweets »» More than 14,000 views on the Plan UK campaign page
- Over 120 Facebook Likes
- Overall traffic to Plan UK website significantly elevated throughout campaign and for two months after
- Plan UK have since launched three more online buzz campaigns