When you want to get people talking about something online where do you go? Facebook and Twitter are the obvious big choices. G+? It’s definitely got its place, and with the ubiquity of Google can’t be ignored. Then there’s Instagram and Pinterest for the more visually minded.
The business person’s social media platform gets short shrift, but it can be just as powerful as Facebook and Twitter. In fact it can often have a bigger impact.
Why Use LinkedIn?
Well, check out some raw numbers first, because we like to back up the fluffy marketing stuff with data here at The Organic Agency:
- LinkedIn currently has in excess of 364 million users
- This is growing rapidly as more than 2 new members join a second
- More than 39 million students and recent graduates are on the platform. It’s the fastest growing demographic, which proves this isn’t just Facebook for grey suited, grey faced, grey haired professionals
And when it comes to the nitty gritty side of business there are several reasons LinkedIn shouldn’t be overlooked.
- Reach A Targeted Audience. Nobody likes scattershot marketing. To be effective you have to reach the right person, at the right time, through the right channels. Few platforms can rival LinkedIn in this regard. It’s easy to find and reach out to people who are interested in what you’ve got to offer.
- Establish Yourself As An Authority. If someone throws something out there on Twitter people will take notice. But if you really want some weight behind what you say, LinkedIn is the platform. It has rapidly become the publishing platform for professionals, and the content on it comes from some of the biggest and brightest minds across all disciplines. Start getting noticed for your content here and partnerships and leads will follow.
- Make Connections. On other social media platforms you’ll get a fair few random followers and friends. On LinkedIn you’ll be able to make connections with people directly involved in your sector. From these connections all kinds of opportunities will arise.
If you want to take advantage of everything LinkedIn has to offer get in touch. From supercharging your profile to helping you create a content strategy that gets your message out there, we can help you make the most of this often unfairly overlooked platform.