As this article goes out into the digital ether we are living through a time that has forced many brands to rely almost entirely on their digital channels for survival. COVID-19, and the lockdowns and social distancing that have come with it, has fundamentally changed (for now) how people are behaving. With the offline world ground to a halt, brands that have powerful and flexible digital experience platforms in place are managing to adapt, while those who’ve neglected digital transformation over recent years are scrambling to react.
Digital experience platforms, you say?
What is a digital experience platform?
A digital experience platform (DXP) is a category of enterprise software that combines commerce, content, and marketing into one platform. They can do the work of an ecommerce platform and a CMS, and a whole lot more too. They’ve begun to emerge in recent years as the need for a more customer-centric and joined up way of delivering digital experiences has become a pressing need for many brands.
While the big boys like Amazon, Google, Facebook, and media platforms like Spotify, have been serving up ever more customer-focussed experiences, the majority of brands have lagged behind. The issue now is that the sorts of engaging, relevant, and often highly personalised experiences delivered by these big brands are well within reach of smaller disruptor brands, and so established businesses (in both B2C and B2B) are getting squeezed: customer expectations are being driven by the likes of Google and Amazon, while agile startups are moving fast to steal a march on the rest of the pack.
With a DXP in place you can begin to link up different stages of your customer journeys, provide relevant experiences that meet customer needs, and get a unified view of the truth in your business. Otherwise you end up with commerce and content separated, confusing journeys for customers, marketing and sales teams with totally different views on the business and customers. In short, things can get very messy indeed.
What is Episerver?
Episerver is a leading DXP that seamlessly blends content and commerce platforms, enhanced with realtime AI capabilities to serve up rich, personalised and relevant experiences to customers no matter where they are in their journey.
Widely recognised as a leader by industry analysts like Gartner and Forrester, Episerver has the scope and scale of the huge, enterprise-level behemoths like Adobe, while retaining a flexibility and agility that makes it ideal for quick deployment. This means, as a platform, it can grow with a business without bogging people down in complexity. In fact, they recently helped one client get a new site live and rolling in 30 hours to help them handle the huge influx of traffic and queries due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our partnership with Episerver began because we had more clients interested in completely rejuvenating the digital experience they were serving their customers. We all know that the customer journey is no longer straight, neat, and narrow, and brands are constantly trying to keep experiences relevant throughout a customer’s individual journey. For us, Episerver is the DXP that delivers the dynamic and responsive experience that customers desire.
Some of the reasons why we chose to partner with Episerver are:
- They’re always pushing what’s possible for a DXP, which is why they’re a leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for DXP 2020.
- They’re built for the speed needed in today’s 24/7 world. Industry analyst Forrester conducted their Total Economic Impact study on Episerver and found it delivered over three times the ROI of its nearest competitor, and reached breakeven in half the time (just six months compared to 13).
- Its advanced AI-powered personalisation creates tailored digital experiences based on intent and behaviour data. The power of its AI and machine learning also takes the weight of marketers and businesses, automating the personalisation process across the search, research, and purchase phases of the customer journey.
- It’s a simpler platform than others in the field. The simplicity isn’t due to a lack of functionality, but due to clever design and understanding of customer need. It’s important for us that our clients get a system that doesn’t take them an age to learn and begin to use effectively.
- It’s highly extensible, thanks to a large number of seamless integrations and an extensive App Marketplace, which makes integration with a client’s tech stack and customisation as simple as possible.
What is an Episerver partner?
Episerver partners are approved businesses that work with Episerver to build and deploy the Episerver DXP for organisations. Partners have to meet certain standards to achieve partner status.
Episerver partners get access to exclusive training and support resources that allow them to more effectively deploy the platform, but they can also do many other tasks such as:
- Consultation and providing guidance on best practice
- Integrating Episerver with other platforms
- Optimising deployments
- Handling migrations from another DXP, CMS, or ecommerce platform
Why choose a partner?
When you opt for a genuine Episerver partner you know you’re working with experts who can use their knowledge and access to official resources to assess, plan, and execute your deployment to the highest standards.
Because Episerver partners are also held accountable to certain standards by Episerver you can also trust that they’ll:
- Take the time to understand your business and its goals
- Generate an accurate plan that takes into account your workflows technology stack, and critical infrastructure
- Positively engage stakeholders across the business
These are all vital to a successful project, and Episerver partners take the responsibility seriously. When your website can be driving millions of revenue for your business you can’t afford for things to go wrong. Episerver partners are the safe hands you need.
If you’re interested in making the switch to a customer-centric DXP and delivering the digital experiences your customers want, which also grow your business, get in touch with us today.