New Business Lead
Job title: New Business Lead
Reporting to: Managing Director
Contract type: Permanent
Country: United Kingdom
Location details: Exeter
Main Purpose and Scope
New business is the life blood of every agency. This role is key to Organic – a leader of the new business pipeline and our sales process, you’ll help to drive commercial success. You’ll bring fresh thinking and a proven track record in selling digital or agency services. You’ll deploy a variety of sales tactics and methods, as well as collaborating with the wider commercial team and external partners to ensure success.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading the creation of a pipeline and ensuring maximum opportunity for conversions into sales. This includes:
- Shaping and leading the day-to-day process of lead generation – responsible for outbound lead generation, and responding to inbound enquiries.
- Managing relationships with external new business partners and monitoring their performance.
- Generating and leading prospect meetings and being an advocate for Organic and the services we sell.
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating and following-up to move opportunities through the sales funnel.
- Identifying sales opportunities and innovative ways to position the agency and our services
- Managing the ‘top of funnel’ marketing of the agency, including managing both internal team and external stakeholders
- Line management and development of marketing exec/manager
- Refining an running our pre-qualification process (to validate leads)
- Ability to run pitches, assembling and leading the right internal teams to pitch success across all of our digital marketing service offerings. This includes: taking initial brief, writing and coordinating the responses to RFP/tender documents, helping to assess and select the right pitch team, leading the pitch, assessing pitch performance and chairing pitch wash-up meetings.
- Reporting to the Managing Director on New Business performance
- Forging efficient and effective ways of generating new business. Managing existing new business systems. Ability to be able to show progress and identify areas for improvement.
What skills you’ll need
- A proven track record. Someone who has led new business initiatives before and can demonstrate success. You’ll probably also have experience of effectively managing others.
- Energy & enthusiasm. The new business role is pretty relentless and requires oodles of energy. We’re looking for someone with get up and go, an entrepreneurial flair and an infectious enthusiasm.
- Competitive spirit. A passion to succeed and to do the best possible job is what wins us business, so it’s core to this role. We want someone who is relentless and who isn’t happy when they lose!
- A team player. The role suits someone who enjoys working with the various people within the internal team but who equally enjoys building a network of relationships with prospects and partners.
- Knowledge of digital marketing and a genuine interest in it. We’re not after a slick salesperson stereotype, we’re after someone who understands our services and how potential clients like to buy them. You’ll be able to construct a sales strategy and have methods for success that you can apply to our business
- Highly organised. We want someone with great attention to detail – someone who is able to manage our systems and who takes pride in delivering flawlessly. You’ll not be afraid to get your hands dirty – in fact, you’ll probably relish it.
What you’ll get in return
You’ll be coming into a thriving agency, working on a mix of large client projects across the full digital spectrum. You’ll have a chance to make a real impact on the business from day one. Our extensive benefits package includes:
- Monthly wellbeing allowance
- Personal development training plan
- Enhanced parental packages
- Cycle 2 work, retail discounts, fitness discounts
- Mental and physical wellbeing support
- Monthly star performer awards
- Flexible working
- Ability to work from home
- Monthly social get togethers (virtual for the time being)
- Plus a whole lot more!
Interested in this role? Please get in contact with Ben Bushby at [email protected].