Service and project type
Experience design | Website build
We work pro bono for The Cybersmile Foundation, a charity that works to stop cyberbullying and negative activities online and in the digital sphere. After refreshing the identity for Stop Cyberbullying Day we moved into the next stage of the project: user experience and website design.
After refreshing the identity for Stop Cyberbullying Day we moved into the next stage of the project: user experience and website design.
The existing site was no longer fit for purpose, and had important structural issues that were hindering the ability of users to explore and understand Stop Cyberbullying Day and get involved with the movement.
One major issue was that the high quality content produced to support the day was lost in the site, and the huge amount of activity on social media was also not tied back to the site. In addition, there was a need to improve the ability of people to find out how to become involved in partnership and sponsorship with the day, and these journeys needed to be made clear and simple.
As with any other tech project, we applied human-centred thinking: understanding who would be using this site and why, and how we could better serve their needs. Our process was:
- Immersion session with the client to understand objectives for the site.
- Auditing the existing site to see where things were going wrong.
- User research and understanding to get clear on who would be using this site and what journeys they would take through it to achieve their goals.
- Building wireframes and prototypes in an iterative fashion, with close client involvement to get the user experience right.
- UI design, to create a design system that would ensure the site stayed on brand.
- Technical development, testing, and deployment.
We created a brand-new, more engaging Cybersmile WordPress website that was functional, simple to use and offered a slick, seamless and enjoyable overall user experience.
With the site live we’re delighted to have worked with the Cybersmile Foundation to build a platform that helps them engage a wider audience, encourages interaction, and supports people around the world in fighting back against cyberbullying.